The name and address of the business that handles personal information and the name of its representative
|2-13-4 Meieki Minami, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 450-0003, Japan
|Chief Operating Officer
Handling of gathered personal information
INOAC Corporation (hereinafter, "INOAC") shall comply with the laws and regulations of Japan as well as other rules concerning the protection of personal information (hereinafter, "relevant laws, etc."). INOAC believes that the protection of personal information is a fundamental part of its business activities as well as a social obligation.
Purposes of using personal information
Customer's personal information will be used for the following purposes:
However, the information will be only be used when the individual purpose for collecting and using data is specified within the scope of the customer's approval.
- Providing customers with information on INOAC products (including its catalogs), services and plans
- Performing clerical work relating to shipment, return, change or other transactions of its products
- Delivering INOAC products to and/or installing them at customers' residence or other buildings
- Providing after and maintenance services on INOAC products
- Conducting surveys by identifying the status of customers' use of INOAC products and services, and customers' satisfaction on INOAC products and services in order to develop new products and improve services
- Communicating with customers in case of emergency
- Responding to questions, opinions and requests from customers
- Communication and selection for our recruiting activities
- Performing activities relating to the above-listed purposes
Notes regarding personal information gathered on or before April 1, 2005
Personal information gathered before the Act on the Protection of Personal Information took effect will be handled within the scope of the above-mentioned purposes.
Customers who do not agree with use of their personal information for the above purposes are requested to contact the department specified below.
Safety measures to protect personal information
To safely control and manage customers' personal information, INOAC takes reasonable and proper safety measures against such risks as unauthorized external access, loss, damage, collapse, falsification, leakage, and transmission to unauthorized outsiders (hereinafter, "leakage, etc. of personal information").
Each INOAC section that handles personal information has a personal information protection manager to ensure proper control of personal information. INOAC has in-house regulations to ensure the safety control of personal information, and provides personnel training to ensure that its employees protect personal information properly.
In the unlikely event that leakage, etc. of personal information occurs, INOAC will report the incident to the Personal Information Protection Commission, notify the customer, or take any other measures that are necessary to protect the rights and interests of the customer in accordance with relevant laws, etc.
Disclosure of personal information to a third party
INOAC will not disclose personal information, nor provide it to any third party, except under the circumstances described below. In the event that INOAC does provide personal information to a third party, records of that provision shall be created and stored in accordance with relevant laws, etc.
- A customer has given permission
- Personal information (hereinafter, "anonymously processed information") is disclosed to a third party in a manner that does not allow specific customers to be identified. (Hereinafter, such information is referred to as "anonymously processed information.") (In such cases, INOAC will notify the relevant party regarding necessary matters in advance in accordance with relevant laws, etc., and INOAC shall clearly indicate to the relevant third party that the information is anonymously processed information.)
- INOAC consigns work that involves access to personal information to a subcontractor within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use. (In such cases, a subcontractor who provides a sufficient level of protection shall be selected. INOAC shall supervise subcontractors properly with adequate measures, such as having subcontractors sign an agreement that prevents leakage of personal information or transferral to a third party.)
- With the customer's consent, INOAC provides its business partners with estimates, plans and product drawings relating to the purchase and installation of its products
- With the customers' consent, INOAC provides its group company or companies with personal information required to achieve the purposes within the boundaries described in Section 3 above
- The laws or regulations require disclosure
- Disclosure is required to protect biological safety of human or property when it is difficult to obtain customers' consent
- When it is particularly necessary in order to improve public health or to promote the healthy growth and development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the customer's consent
- INOAC cooperates with national or municipal government or their agents who are carrying out their duties as stipulated by the laws or regulations, when it may interfere with those duties
Disclosure of personal information
INOAC will disclose a customer’s personal information without delay and using the method of disclosure specified by the customer--either in an electronic format or by another method prescribed by the Personal Information Protection Commission--if a customer so requests. However, if the disclosure would have any of the following results, INOAC may decide not to disclose all or part of the information. If INOAC decides not to disclose the information, it shall inform the customer accordingly without delay. INOAC will not disclose personal information when:
- The disclosure may result in damage on rights including life, body and/or property of the customer or a third party
- The disclosure may significantly influence the proper performance of INOAC's operations
- The disclosure may violate other laws or regulations
Information other than personal information, such as access logs, will never be disclosed, as a general rule.
Corrections on personal information
If a customer finds errors in his or her personal information and requests correction, addition to or deletion (hereinafter "corrections etc."), INOAC shall performs necessary investigation without delay, accordingly provide corrections etc. on the customer's personal information, and inform the customer of the corrections etc., within the boundaries required for the purposes of gathering personal information, unless a special procedure is required, based on the stipulations of laws or regulations.
Suspending the use of personal information
If INOAC receives a request from a customer to suspend the use of or delete their personal information on the grounds that it was obtained in violation of relevant laws, etc., and if INOAC judges that there is a valid reason for the request, then INOAC shall suspend its use of that personal information without delay to the extent necessary in order to correct the relevant violation.
If INOAC receives a request from a customer to suspend the use of personal information or to suspend the provision of personal information to third parties in the grounds that INOAC no longer has any need to use the personal information or that the person's rights or legitimate interests are likely to be infringed upon, and if INOAC judges that there is a valid reason for the request, INOAC shall suspend its use of that personal information or the provision of that personal information with third parties without delay to the extent necessary in order to prevent any infringement of that person's rights and interests.