Name of a company who handles personal information
Handling of gathered personal information
INOAC Corporation ("INOAC") shall comply with the laws and regulations of Japan concerning the protection of personal information.
INOAC believes that the protection of personal information is a fundamental part of its business activities as well as social obligation.
Purposes of using personal information
Customers' personal information
Customer's personal information will be used for the following purposes:
However, the information will be only be used when the individual purpose for collecting and using data is specified within the scope of the customer's approval.
- Providing customers with information on INOAC products (including its catalogs), services and plans
- Performing clerical work relating to shipment, return, change or other transactions of its products
- Delivering INOAC products to and/or installing them at customers' residence or other buildings
- Providing after and maintenance services on INOAC products
- Conducting surveys by identifying the status of customers' use of INOAC products and services, and customers' satisfaction on INOAC products and services in order to develop new products and improve services
- Communicating with customers in case of emergency
- Responding to questions, opinions and requests from customers
- Communication and selection for our recruiting activities
- Performing activities relating to the above-listed purposes
Notes regarding personal information gathered on or before April 1, 2005
Personal information gathered before the Act on the Protection of Personal Information took effect will be handled within the scope of the above-mentioned purposes.
Customers who do not agree with use of their personal information for the above purposes are requested to contact the department specified below.
Safety measures to protect personal information
To safely control and manage customers' personal information, INOAC takes reasonable and proper safety measures against such risks as unauthorized external access, loss, damage, collapse, falsification, leakage, and transmission to unauthorized outsiders. Each INOAC section that handles personal information has a personal information protection manager to ensure proper control of personal information. INOAC has in-house regulations to ensure the safety control of personal information, and provides personnel training to ensure that its employees protect personal information properly.
Disclosure of personal information to a third party
INOAC will not disclose personal information, nor provide it to any third party, except when:
- A customer has given permission
- Information has been disclosed or provided to a third party in such a manner that a specific customer cannot be identified
- INOAC consigns data processing that involves access to personal information to sub contractors (In such case, a subcontractor who meets the requirements for protection shall be selected. INOAC shall supervise subcontractors properly with adequate measures, such as having subcontractors sign an agreement that prevents leakage of personal information or transferral to a third party)
- With the customer's consent, INOAC provides its business partners with estimates, plans and product drawings relating to the purchase and installation of its products
- With the customers' consent, INOAC provides its group company or companies with personal information required to achieve the purposes within the boundaries described in Section 3 above
- The laws or regulations require disclosure
- Disclosure is required to protect biological safety of human or property when it is difficult to obtain customers' consent
- INOAC cooperates with national or municipal government or their agents who are carrying out their duties as stipulated by the laws or regulations, when it may interfere with those duties
Disclosure of personal information
INOAC will disclose a customer's personal information without delay if a customer so requests. However, if the disclosure may have one of the following results, part or all of the information may not be disclosed. If INOAC decides not to disclose the information, it will be informed to the customer without delay.INOAC will not disclose personal information when:
- The disclosure may result in damage on rights including life, body and/or property of the customer or a third party
- The disclosure may significantly influence the proper performance of INOAC's operations
- The disclosure may violate other laws or regulations
Information other than personal information, such as access logs, will never be disclosed, as a general rule.
Corrections on personal information
If a customer finds errors in his or her personal information and requests correction, addition to or deletion (hereinafter "corrections etc."), INOAC shall performs necessary investigation without delay, accordingly provide corrections etc. on the customer's personal information, and inform the customer of the corrections etc., within the boundaries required for the purposes of gathering personal information, unless a special procedure is required, based on the stipulations of laws or regulations.
2-13-4 Meieki Minami, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 450-0003
INOAC Corporation Executive Office
TEL : 052-581-1086 FAX : 052-581-4726